Météorage, whose head office is located at Centre Hélioparc, 2 avenue Pierre Angot, Pau (64000), France, represented by its president, Dominique Lapeyre de Chavardès, provides tailored storm-related prevention services.
As part of the provision of these services, the company collects necessary personal information, either on the Météorage website (www.meteorage.com), or as part of service contracts.
This data is recorded on a database-type computer file.
Personal information collected during the creation of an account on the Météorage website (www.meteorage.com) or as part of a service contract is recorded on an electronic file. The data that is recorded in an electronic file – as well as the actions that cause it to be collected – is detailed below:
- Site log-in: your IP address is retained each time you log in.
- Account creation: your surname, first name, postal address, e-mail, profession and telephone number, as well as your log-in details (password).
- Online payment: your billing information (your surname, first name, postal address) for online purchases.
- Contact form: your surname, first name, e-mail and your message.
Météorage undertakes to use the personal information required solely to provide the tailored service to which your company has subscribed or to which you gave your personal consent when you created your online account.
This data is used to identify you when you securely access the subscribers’ section of the Météorage website, for the provision of services, and as part of the administrative, commercial and technical management of your subscription.
Access to your personal information is strictly limited to Météorage employees and, where necessary, the subcontractors involved in the provision of your service. The subcontractors in question are bound by an obligation of confidentiality and may only use your information while in compliance with our contractual terms and the applicable legislation.
Your personal information is retained for a limited period of time, which shall not exceed:
- Customer account management: 5 years after the customer account was last used.
- Management and execution of orders and subscriptions: The entire duration of the contractual relationship, and up to 5 years after the end of the contractual relationship in temporary storage.
- Communication and exchange of information in order to answer your questions and information requests received via the "Contact Us" form: 5 years after the last exchange.
However, the retention period for some of your personal information, particularly that related to billing, may be extended by virtue of a legal or regulatory obligation.
During this timeframe, we shall implement all appropriate measures to guarantee the confidentiality and security of your personal information, to prevent it from being tampered with, deleted or accessed by unauthorised third parties.
Météorage undertakes not to use your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing, advertising, sales, renting or transmission to third parties without your prior consent, unless legitimately compelled to do so (legal requirement, combatting fraud or abuse, exercise of the rights of defence, etc.).
In compliance with the amended French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 and with European regulation no. 2016/679/UE of 27 April 2016 (applicable since 25 May 2018), you have the right to access, rectify, transfer, erase, or limit the processing of your data. You can also, for legitimate reasons, oppose the processing of your personal data. You can, on condition that valid proof of identity is produced, exercise your rights by contacting our Customer Service Department via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any additional information or complaint, you may contact your National Data Protection Authority (more information at ec.europa.eu).